Skip to main content

Hello All,

I need a help in deciding the Proxy server system requirements for backup copy when IntelliSnap operation is performed on SAP Oracle, SAP HANA and MS SQL database.

Someone please let me know what is the required system requirements specific to compute and also what all agents to be installed on the proxy?

Regards

Ananth

@Ananth , let me see what I can find out and get for you (and for the documentation page).

I spoke to some of the devs.

We require nothing for SQL except MA and access to array

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.25/expert/34549_configuring_sql_server_intellisnap_subclient.html

SAP HANA is the same, just ensure the  Proxy OS should be same or higher version and not lower version.

What version is the OS for HANA?

Hello @Mike Struening 

Thanks for the response, The OS is Linux X86 64.

Regards

Ananth

Hi Ananth,

That's a Kernel what is the OS? Is that RedHat 7 or RH 8 or SUSE14 or SUSE15? HANA only supported on Linux. So please get us details about what specific Operating System.

Thanks,
Srinivas

@Srinivas Sunkara I have a similar question regarding the proxy for Intellisnap for SAP.  Does the proxy need to have the same Linux OS as the production server?  For example, can production be RHEL and the proxy/media agent be CentOS?

Thanks, Andy

@askesi , I would expect that as long as the proxy OS can read the File System of the server OS, you should be fine, but I’ll defer to @Srinivas Sunkara .

Hi @Mike Struening  and @askesi  ,

HANA dont support on CENTOS. Also Most use cases is with XFS. Yes for HANA same OS for proxy recommended.  

Thanks,
Srinivas