Question

Query to get Retain Until date of any client

• 24 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

I am trying to create a workflow to retire/delete clients for which retain until date is already met but it still exists in storage and console. 

I am looking to get a query wherein i can get retain until date of any client which i look for. Could someone help me with the query to get retain until date of client.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Rahul Nair ,

By retain until date, you mean you are looking for any jobs that are past retention for the client correct.

Regards,

Edward J Holowienka

Badge +6

Hi Edward,

Yes thats correct, the goal is the look at the retain until date and delete client if it has passed the retain until and if it has not then no action to be taken.

Badge +6

Hi Team,

Could you please help us with an update on this please.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Rahul Nair ,

There is a better way to do this, as we already have all of the procedures and settings in place to take care of this. If you were to enable the following setting in Control Panel - Media Manager - Data aging tab. Set both of the following to 1.

Ignore Cycle Retention of De-Configured Clients

Delete deconfigured clients that have no protected data

Then go thru the process to retire a client. If the client still has valid jobs it will be deconfigured. After which the jobs will then be prune based upon days retention only. Once all of the jobs have then been aged off the client will then be automatically deleted.

Regards,

Edward J Holowienka

Badge +6

@HolowEd  Thanks for the help, however when i run the retire client workflow, i want to collect the ids in the list based on there output i.e. whether it was able to remove the client since it dint had any backup and another list with not able to remove since backup was present. I have added two transitions but it looks like it is not working 

(xpath:{/workflow/XPathQuery_2/result} = 0); = Next step would be collect the names of removed clients. 

(xpath:{/workflow/XPathQuery_2/result} != 0); = Next step would be collect the name of nt removed clients

You can get this from retire client workflow but looks like validate response is not working as expected. Could you please help with this

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Rahul Nair ,

You best would be to look at the utilities as there is Resultstotest which you can use to output the results from the GetClient query.

The once the For each look is done I would the run the GetClients query again and use the ResultSetToText to get the output from that. It will probably take some trying in order to get this figured out. That is the best I can suggest on this.

Regards,

Edward J Holowienka