Skip to main content

I have a question about the Shared Job Results folder as used by Office365 sharepoint.

Here is my setup:

2 access nodes, call them N1 and N2

Both Access nodes have a Job results folder set to its own local local dedicated drive which is 150GB in size. 

In the Sharepoint client I have configured a shared job results folder on a CIFs share that is 1 TB in size and both N1 and N2 are added as access nodes successfully. 

Here is the issue:

When I perform a backup of sharepoint I notice the access nodes local job results drives get used and fill up causing some failures of sites and subsites in the backup. I notice the shared folder barely gets used, but it does get used. The error reported for the failed sites is “Space Control Job level timeout 60 minutes”

Am I missing something, do I need to manually point the 2 access nodes Job results directories to use the shared folder manually as well? Or do I just need to grow the local drives. I am not sure I understand why the shared Job Results folder isn’t used more.

Hi @hunschultz,

The shared job results directory is used to store information that both access nodes need to access so we will not stage data there.  With SharePoint Online we will use the local job results directory for as a staging area.

There have been some changes to the space requirements for the job results directory.  What feature release are your access nodes currently at?

Thanks Mike. I am at release 11.28. I am going to bump up my local Job Results directories from 150 to 300 GB and see how that goes.