Skip to main content

Hello,

I need a clarification about SLA definition, when I set the SLA to 2 days, means that any backup was success full in the 2 day time frame, or means any sub-client have a successful backup in the 2 days time frame?

regards Jürgen

Good morning.  Can you please clarify as to where you are setting the SLA that you are referring to?

Hi @Juergen 

As mentionned by @Orazan depending on the location of setting you’re referring to, I would say that by default it means thet client has to have a successful backup for at least the last 2 days. If no backup since more than 2 days, then SLA on this one is not met. 

But it can also be else. 

Can you detail ?

Hi @Laurent  and @Orazan,

thank for quick return.

let say I have a server with FS backup c: and 😛 drive and I have a SQL DB, successfull backup means each subclient on this client has successful backup during the 2 day timefram, or is it also ok to have only FS backup successful?

Jürgen

Well, I would say that it depends where the SLA is defined and what you defined at the subclient level.

This is for the global settings on your Commserve/Control Panel/System :

While at the Client level you can go through advances properties and tweak/set your own value for this one : 

And in this client’s Filesystem subclient’ properties, you can even exclude it from the SLA and Strike counts.

Also if you have on this client a SQL client installed, then for each of the SQL subclients you would also have this option to Exclude it from SLA and strike counts.

This means that, from your example, if you consider that as SQL backup is not that important that you can remove it from the SLAs (like it could fail, as long as you get the FS backup of 😨 done), then just exclude the SQL subclient from SLAs, and let the FS client in the KPIs.

Notice : make sure your SQL server has dumped a backup to the 😨 disk before your FileSystem backup starts, to ensure you have data you can restore. 😉

From the Command Center / Manage / Commcell, you have this tip :

(too bad we can select such text to copy/paste it)

Does this help you a bit ?