Skip to main content

I did a fresh installation of FR28/Commvault 2022E today. Can anyone tell me why we have now a Sharepoint agent installed on the Commserve? The Windows 2019 was also a fresh install with no extra components, so I’m a little bit confused…

@Johannes Keil I looked and asked around, and no one has seen this.

What do the installer logs show?  Plus, did it actually install the SP agent, or is it just in the gui?

@Mike Struening : Install.log is attached, Installed Software looks like this:

Installed Software List
​​​

Could it be that all these agents will be installed with the “All in One”-Setup? If yes - should we maybe mention it somewhere? I fully understand the mediaagent, but I don’t understand the O365/Exchange/Sharepoint components...

That seems to be the answer:

7228  4     06/17 15:14:02 ### ### ### - Packages selected by user/input request: tCommServe, WorkFlow Engine, MediaAgent, Index Store, SharePoint , Exchange , Web Server, Index Gateway, LDAP Gateway, IntelliSnap, CommCell Console, Virtual Server, Command Center, Metrics Server, Cloud Apps, Office 365, MongoDB].
7228  4     06/17 15:14:02 ### ### ### - Required packages included by the installer: lFile System Core, Storage Accelerator, File System, Commserve DB, DM2 Web services DB, Work Flow Enginge DB , CVCloud DB, Commserve History DB, Commserv ResourceMgr DB, Commserve Cache DB, Commserve AppStudio DB, CVCloud Usage History DB, Message Queue].
7228  4     06/17 15:14:02 ### ### ### - Dialog:-Select Roles], UserAnswer:eRoles selected by user: bAll in one]].

It gives you just about everything in one shot.

Checking the documentation, the ‘extras’ are left out:

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/essential/147765_system_and_hardware_requirements_all_in_one_configuration.html

System and Hardware Requirements - All-in-One Configuration

Updated Monday, June 13, 2022

In this configuration, all Commvault components (CommServe server, Web Server, Web Console, Workflow Engine, MediaAgent, and access nodes) are installed on a single computer. This configuration supports a combination of up to 25 servers, 250 virtual machines, 5000 Microsoft Office 365 users, or 500 million total objects indexed.

• Windows Server operating systems

• 8 CPU cores

• 32 GB RAM

• 2 TB of working space for the CommServe database, the deduplication database (DDB), index, and job results (SSD disk is recommended)

Might be worth an MR (though I’m curious if this is an addition in the latest release, or was like this before).

@Johannes Keil - SharePoint and O365 is part of the “all in one” setup and this is mentioned in the following BOLs document. 

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/essential/135950_installation_roles_and_packages.html

Mark