Question

"Something went wrong" and Web server issues.

  • 14 September 2023
  • 9 replies
  • 437 views

Badge +5

Full scale test instance of Commvault before deploying into production. Getting issues with viewing the contents of Hypervisor VM Groups, changing configuration of VM groups and some items using “view details” on the health report.

“Default” Hypervisor VM Groups were created upon adding the hypervisors and the content left at the default / or all unprotected VM’s. Immediately upon creating the groups it is not possible to view the content tab without getting the detail flash very quickly on screen before displaying “something went wrong”. Also cannot change anything in the options section of the VM Group configuration page without “something went wrong”. I have deployed several instances of Commvault for test and this has happened on all instances. I have tried running the install again in repair mode and it does not resolve the issue. Note it is possible to view the content by looking at protected and unprotected VM’s but cant’ modify content from that page. 

Also issues with the “view details” option some of the items in the “Health Report”. Some like “Index Cache Location” and “Index State” work fine but “DDB Performance Status” and any other of the other DDB items display blank or malformed data. Have tried on a different browser as well.

 

Grateful any advice!

 


9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@Glenno 

Please stop the tomcat service from the Webserver and perform IISRESET.

  • Check the SQL browser service as well from services.msc
  • Also restart the MongoDB service once.

Start the tomcat service and try accessing the console. Raise a support case if the issue exist. We might need to review the logs.

Badge +5

Thankyou @Navneet Singh for your prompt reply. I ran the procedure as above and same result. The Command Centre works perfectly well for all other functions except VM Group content and config changes after initial configuration. The system is still on a trial licence in a large pre prod environment and is air gapped. The send log function will obviously not work and exporting large scale logs from within the environment is problematic. I checked the web server log hoping to find the “Incident ID” above (changes every time) with no luck. What log files would be required? 

Many thanks!

 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@Glenno 

We need to review the Webserver.logs and adminconsole.log. Also the CVentitycache.log

Badge +5

On the web server health pages not displaying correctly I have observed that anything in the CommCell Survey category fails with the malformed display. All other pages display fine.

Badge +5

@Navneet Singh I cannot find the adminconsole.log file. What folder should it be in. I have found an issue in the CVentitycache log though when attempting to browse the VM Group contents.

 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@Glenno 

For the health report issue, We need to check the Commservesurveyutility.log from CS and CVsurvey.log from the metrics server.

Badge +5

@Navneet Singh I have included snips of the logs requested. Note that neither of these two logs update when the web page request is made and I restarted all Commvault services on the box and took the latest output. Keen to resolve this problem but the problem with the error on viewing and editing VM Groups is number one in my mind.

This is a production scale test environment and approval to proceed with the purchase of product and license it in production is entirely dependent on the product meeting requirements in test. These issues are causing problems.

 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@Glenno 

You can raise a support case so we can look in to the logs and configuration.

Badge

I have same issues when run Command Center locally (Commserve 11.32.35). But no problem if run Command Center from other host.

Reply