Skip to main content

So I have an availability group setup with 2 nodes with a database that gets skipped during differential and tlog backups. The error in commvault states that “Database eX] is not online and skipped for backup”, however this does not happen during a full backup. 

I’ve confirmed that the database recovery model is set to “Full” and not simple within Commvault. I recently changed the schedule policy on the availability group client for Full/Differential backups to happen at a different time, but other than that no configuration change was made. Backups were running normally before for this particular database. Any insight as to why this is occurring? I’ve had the DBA run a native backup and it works just fine. 

Hi @Rehan Bari 

This is certainly specific to that database. Do you know if auto close is enabled on the DB? This is on the DB properties. The DBA can perform a backup on both nodes? When an AG is setup the tlog backup if set in AG properties as prefer secondary will run from the secondary node instead of a full that runs from the primary node. 

Make sure replication is running, check autoclose and also windows application logs for replication errors or similar. If you are still having issues open a case might need a deeper review by support.