Skip to main content

I was testing a database restore (DB is in full recovery) and noticed that the PITR graph wasn’t showing continuity.

I checked the server and we still had an old logshipping job which was grabbing the logs and backing up to disk before commvault could get them..  We currently use database mirroring which doesn’t have any jobs associated with it.

I disabled the job and ran a full database backup from Commvault,  expecting that our default 15 minute log backups would start afterwards, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.  I’ve taken a manual log backup in Commvault, but it’s still not getting picked up by the regular schedule.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?  The default client run completed at 3:01 pm and backed up every log *except* this database, which I had to do manually.

Thanks- Chris

Hi @Chris Newman from description it seems to be log shipping might be causing transaction logs backup to skip due to database mirroring config.

please check advanced option if it helps for your query,
https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/58638_sql_agent_configuration_sql_configuration.html

Allow backup for log shipping configured database

Select this check box to back up logs for primary databases in the native log shipping configuration. By default, log backups are skipped for primary databases to avoid LSN chain breakage.