Solved

starting backup copy via powershell or REST

• 12 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

unfortunately, CV has a bug in relation to schedules and CV Support has not yet been able to provide a solution. As there is no end in sight I am currently building a workaround. I am desperately looking for a way to trigger a backup copy via PowerShell (if necessary via REST) or to start the corresponding schedule (is deactivated due to the error). Is there an idea for this?

Best regards

icon

Best answer by Gseibak 12 February 2024, 17:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@dcvadmin - there is an API to run a backup copy - https://api.commvault.com/docs/SP32/api/cv/OpenAPI3/run-backup-copy

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@dcvadmin did you ran into the issue after an upgrade / update? Would it be possible to move away from a schedule and migrate to a plan, even though the schedule should work of course. Did you try to create a separate standalone backup copy schedule? 

Badge +5

@Onno van den Berg yes the issue starts after upgrading from 11.28 to 11.32. The schedule policy was created is part of a plan. The problem is that there seems to be a problem in 11.32 (case is also already with the developers) if a limit is set in the schedule so that max. 1 backup copy job of this storage policy may run simultaneously. This is simply ignored in 11.32. It does not only affect one schedule! The limitation is required because otherwise there will be resource bottlenecks.

Badge +5

@Gseibak Thanks!  Is this new in SP32? I had used my old link (REST API for SP28) Ind there was no similar option

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

No, the functionality was already there to kick off a backup copy in Command Center and everything in Command Center is kicked of through API calls. 

I assume you changed the amount of streams from the CommCell console as there is no option currently to limit the amount of concurrent backup copies within Command Center, right?

Badge +5

@Onno van den Berg no, nothing was changed! There is an option in the schedule policy (console) to limit the amount of concurrent backup / backup copies. And in 11.28 it worked without problems … only 1 backup copy at a time from this plan … And this oportunity is mandatory