Skip to main content

Dear all,

I hope you can help me to better understand the Synthetic Full option availability.

In a VMware virtualised environment, all our VMs are grouped into a bunch of subclients for which I can perform a Synthetic Full backup, after right-clicking on the subclient name and selecting Backup command from the popup menu.

Now, if the same sequence is run from one of the VMs, from the Client Computers tree, the Synthetic Full option is not available.

In both cases above the subclient belong to agent type Virtual Server.

What am I missing?

Thank you in advance

Gaetano

Hi @Gaetano,

Ideally, the option should be there for individual VMs also if the Virtualization client is following Indexing V2. Could you please confirm the CS version and Indexing version for the virtualization client? (Right client on vCenter client>> Properties>> Client Information tile will show the Indexing version.

Regards,

Keshika Bisht

Hi @Gaetano,

Ideally, the option should be there for individual VMs also if the Virtualization client is following Indexing V2. Could you please confirm the CS version and Indexing version for the virtualization client? (Right client on vCenter client>> Properties>> Client Information tile will show the Indexing version.

Hi @Keshika Bisht ,

thank you for your kind answer.

I checked several clients and all of them show Indexing version: V2

We are currently running 11.28.72

Thank you and regards

Gaetano