Solved

Tags for VMware Live Sync (SP28) - problematic mechanism

• 3 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4

Hello Commvault Community, 

After upgrading the enviroment version from SP24 to SP28, there was a problem with the mechanism for VMware LiveSync.

For the SP28 version, information about tags is collected, through which they are replicated/recovered with tags, which we must avoid because we don’t want such a situation. Is it possible to disable this ? Cause its automatically adding to next backup and I'm doubling the resources

Thanks,
Kamil

icon

Best answer by hewhomustnotbenamed 5 April 2024, 00:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @Kamil 

Thanks for the question and details.

I have had a chat with the client support team here in APAC and they advised there is a key that can be used to stop restores from recovering the tags. They do not know it currently and we have to dig it up.

In the mean time to get around this issue you can add an exclude based on name. The default replicated VM name as _DR at the end of it. You could exclude based on this to get around the issue without the key.

When i find the key i will update this thread, hope this helps!

Kind regards
Albert Williams

Userlevel 4

Hello @Albert Williams ,

Thank you for this information. We will use these filters temporarily, but ultimately we would like to use the key you mentioned or for there to be an option to turn it off in the configuration (is there a chance for this)?

I will be waiting for further information from you regarding this additional setting.

Kind Regards,
Kamil

Hello @Kamil , 

Unfortunately, the additional setting is used for a different hypervisor and not VMware specific. 

Would you be able to create a support ticket so we can possibly add this into a CMR request? 

Kind Regards, 

J.M​​

Userlevel 4

Hello @hewhomustnotbenamed 

I created a thread in Commvault support with CMR - Case 240409-224

Thank you for your assistance on this topic!

Kind Regards,
Kamil

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Thanks for the response @Kamil 

Please mark the thread as answered if you don’t have any further questions.

Kind regards

Albert Williams