Skip to main content

Hi guy,

A few days ago, because of an oversight, our Commvault system license was over the capacity limit, then today, after I deleted loads of unwanted backups, the used license has been brought down to 14.202 TB, which is well under the total license of 17 TB.

However, the “The system is over the licensed capacity / blabla” warning message just wouldn’t go away.

So, I’m just wondering if there is anymore that I need to do ?

Did you run data aging?

Also you can force license recalculation from the license report in the webconsole.

If the problem persists run a license report to identify the culprit and make corrections accordingly followed by data aging.

Hi Jos,

Thanks for the reply.

I ran the report and inside it, did the recalculation, which looks fine now

However, not sure why the warning message under the Licensing and Registration (under CommServe console) still wouldn’t go away

Is it just a false alarm or we still need to do something ?

Thanks,

Could be that:

• Data aging is still required, right click Commserve - All Tasks - Data Aging, or
  • Java is not updating the information, close and re-open Java Gui, or
  • If the License and Registration windows in Java Gui shows correct values and error persists after previous 2 options, this might be a calculation/license error. If so request a license file renewal, import the license and all should be ok.

Hi Jos,

Just to give a quick update, tried the 2 options but the error message persisted, then contacted the contract team and got the license renewal file.

After applying the license file, the warming message went away, problem solved !

Thanks !

Your welcome @Kelvin 🙂

Good to hear that the problem has been solved 🙂🙂

Hi @Jos Meijer  and @Kelvin 

One final bit to add to this topic
- The licensing shows it was in a grace period with 1/96 hours used in the screenshot

- When you have resolved the over capacity scenario, the red warning text remains present until the end of the grace period. Do not be alarmed, so long as you remain under the threshold this will go away once the grace period ends. 
- A recut or updated license file will also clear that but is not necessary (unless required for other reasons such as an upcoming expiration)

Kind Regards,
Sean

Hi @Sean Crifasi 

Didn't think about the grace period, good addition!

Thanks 😀