Skip to main content

hi Vaulter , 
i got my ESxi Crashed along with cv MA inside.
i created  one fresh MA, put it on the disk library, after completed the validating mountpath process, i try to restore one of my backup from there,( view jobs from storage policy -- select a full job listed there -- right clik -- browse n restore -- view content.

the error is 

Index Server v] is not reachable. Please retry after sometime.

red cross on the right

is there a way to restore my backup since the storage holds the backup data?

bunch of thanks in advance...

regards

Ding

Hello @dingdong 

If the index is unavailable on the old MediaAgent it can reconstruct on the new MediaAgent as long as the MediaAgent has access to the storage.

1. Is the index server (MediaAgent) being referenced in the error the old or the new?
  2. If the old, can you confirm if the Browse is not being forced through that MediaAgent? In the Browse Advanced Data Path options, is the old MediaAgent explicitly set or is it set to “any” MediaAgent?
  3. If the error is referencing the new MediaAgent, does that MediaAgent pass check readiness? Are there any errors in the Storage Resources > MediaAgents > (right click specific MA) > properties > Catalog tab?

Thank you,
​​​​​​​Collin

hi @Collin Harper 

many thanks for the detailed points, 

i lost at #2 on how to get to the browse advance data path option. 

“ In the Browse Advanced Data Path options, is the old MediaAgent explicitly set or is it set to “any” MediaAgent?” 

the error is pointing to the old Media Agent, though.

and the new media agent catalog tab not showing any error. 

regards

Ding. 

hi Vaulters, 

any guide or KB very appreciated, thanks.

seems can’t get any info on how to re-catalog the backup in the disk storage managed by destroyed MA using newly installed MA.

DIng

@dingdong Thanks for your patience.

Using a specific MediaAgent options can be found in the Browse > Advanced Options.

Otherwise it might be best to get a case opened since we should restore the index from backups if it is not available on the index server.

Thank you,

Collin