Skip to main content

Hello

We are planning on performing an upgrade from 11.24.98 to 11.28.x only to clear vulnerabilities with dotnet 3.1.32 which is EOL.   So we have been told we must upgrade to 11.28.x which installs Python 3.9.13 

Our problem in the past with an upgrade is that we had a conflict with the upgrade when it came to the install part of python modules (only around the 7% complete install stage) because we had a higher version then what the upgrade was trying to install.  We have upgraded python in the past to clear security vulnerabilities.  We are currently at python 3.9.5. 

Any advise on what to do to avoid a similar situation with a 11.28.x upgrade??

Should we totally remove python and its folders it leaves behind after an uninstall.  How do I know we are python free.  Just uninstalling from control panel I dont believe does the trick.  We have a sensitive network were we cant install a “program cleaner” software app etc..  Once we are python free should I reinstall the 3rd party python app from the 11.24.x so that it gets upgraded accordingly?  or just proceed with the 11.28.x upgrade

Any advise would be appreciated. 

Thanks

BC

Good afternoon.   FR28 installs Python version 3.9.13.  You are on 3.9.5 which is lower so it will be upgraded during the release.  You are currently on a May 2021 release, we will update to a May 2022 release.  

https://peps.python.org/pep-0596/

You can also install Python 3.9.13 from the ThirdParty folder before installing Commvault.  The installer will see that 3.9.13 is installed and skip it during the Commvault software install.

I think my eyes were crossed when I wrote that post..  Thanks so much for pointing that out :)  

I saw the 3.9.1 and got a little nervous..  even though I wrote 3.9.13.   Thanks for viewing and posting…

BC