Skip to main content

Hello,

I’m trying to convert P to V client to vmware 

client is WS 2008 R2

i performed systemstate backup, downloaded the virtualize me iso and uploaded it to the datastore

and started the virtualize me job. 
i configured the network on time to DHCP and another time with static ip with the same vlan of the CS

both time lead to the below error 

i have checked the application manager log on client  and found this error 

2476  16bc  09/06 17:27:57 ### ClientSessionWrapper::send() -  s cvd.exe ]  Cannot connect to AppManager network access], errorString eClientSessionWrapper::connectToCS] Error connecting to svc tAppManager network access] on CS. e0x80070306:{CCvNetwork::Attach_RemoteService(1747)} + {CCvNetwork::Attach_RemoteService(1710)} + {CCvNetwork::LookupRegisteredPorts(4829)} + {CCvNetwork::LookupRegisteredPorts_Remote(4624)} + {CSessionConnectionSocket::LookupPortRemotely(1117)} + {CCvNetwork::Attach_RemotePort(1351)} + {CCvNetwork::GetConnection(3100)/W32.774.(One or more errors occurred while processing the request. (ERROR_ERRORS_ENCOUNTERED.774))-Failing connection as anti-chatter flag is set in the registry}]], errorCode]-1]

my question here : is there are any required ports for the virtualize me feature ? 

Hi @Muhammad Abdullah,

Yes VirtualizeMe (including the 1-touch portion) will assume that all network ports are available. If the firewall is blocking any ports, then you need to follow the steps to enable a network configuration that will restrict communication direction, and tell Commvault to use a port that is open (i.e 8403)

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/essential/18900_configuring_firewall_for_1_touch_recovery.html

Hi @Muhammad Abdullah,

Yes VirtualizeMe (including the 1-touch portion) will assume that all network ports are available. If the firewall is blocking any ports, then you need to follow the steps to enable a network configuration that will restrict communication direction, and tell Commvault to use a port that is open (i.e 8403)

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/essential/18900_configuring_firewall_for_1_touch_recovery.html

Hello @Damian Andre 

8400 to 8405 is already open and i am getting the error

@Muhammad Abdullah , have you configured a network configuration path as per @Damian Andre ‘s suggestion?

Make sure you specify the port range you mentioned.

@Muhammad Abdullah , have you configured a network configuration path as per @Damian Andre ‘s suggestion?

Make sure you specify the port range you mentioned.

Hello @Mike Struening  

i’m already have this configuration in place.

i have overcome this issue and stucked in another issue XD 

windows wont start after a successful restore.

Try this:

Follow the steps in the Microsoft article here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-the-computer-restarted-unexpectedly/b770f14d-e345-e011-90b6-1cc1de79d2e2

1. shift +f10 to open command line
  2. regedit
  3. changed the following registry key: HKEY_Local_Machine/SYSTEM/SETUP/STATUS/ChildCompletion/Setup from 1 to 3 and clicked OK button on the error pop up "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer and then restart the installation"

Try this:

Follow the steps in the Microsoft article here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-the-computer-restarted-unexpectedly/b770f14d-e345-e011-90b6-1cc1de79d2e2

1. shift +f10 to open command line
  2. regedit
  3. changed the following registry key: HKEY_Local_Machine/SYSTEM/SETUP/STATUS/ChildCompletion/Setup from 1 to 3 and clicked OK button on the error pop up "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer and then restart the installation"

Dear @Mike Struening 

windows started. 

thanks!