Question

Where to files exported from Compliance Search go?

• 16 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

I’ve been asked by the company lawyer to recover an email.  I can go into Compliance Search, specify the user in the FROM area, enter a search term and find the desired email.  So far so good.  Next I select Export to > PST > and enter a file name.  My question is:  Where does this file go?  It’s not in the Downloads folder of my local drive or anywhere on my local machine.  It’s not on the CommVault web server and not anywhere on the CommServer either.  So… any ideas?

Ken

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hello @Ken_H 

Can you let me know if you are using V2 Compliance Search through Command Center or V1 Compliance Search through the Compliance Search portal?

Thank you,
Collin

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

I’m using the V2 Compliance Search through the Command Center.

Badge +2

I’ve attached an image demonstrating how to access exports from the command center compliance search tool.

Edit:  Apologies, I missed a number.  You do need to click the name of the export set in the list before you can open the right pane and selection an action(download).

You can add multiple exports to a single export set(i.e. if the exports involve numerous disparate searches, but are all related to the same request).

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

@Odi Et Amo, The image you added to your comment is not visible for some reason.  Can you re-post it?  Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

I just saved the search results to a file named “FindMeHere.PST” then searched every one of my CommVault servers and that file cannot be found.  This is truly wild.  

CommVault is doing some crazy black magic here to save a file that cannot be found.