Skip to main content

Hello all,

A customer running Commvault 11.28.117, would like to build a dashboard that contains reports with filtered views (many SharePoint farms and SQL servers backup job summary).
The issue is that already existing reports that we would like to integrate in this dashboard, are all different views of default “ Backup Job summary “ report, each of them is filtered to display only specific SharePoint farms or SQL servers via predefined “ Client Computer Groups “.
In the dashboard, filters are not retained, that means that each time I reopen the dashboard, all reports display backups jobs for all clients … That, whatever if I use web console or admin console to edit the report.
I even tried to edit the dashboard with ReportPlus (or report builder) and save it as a view, it does not change anything...    

Thanks in advance for your help.

R

This can be achieved using the Add to dashboard option on the component being added to the dashboard.

Open the report

Add necessary filters to the report.

From the component you want to select the option "Add to Dashboard" to select a dashboard and save it.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your help, I easily managed to create the desired custom dashboard with required information.
Now, I wonder how this dashboard composed of several parts of other reports could be sent by email ?
It seems this functionality is not available, even when editing this report:

Regards.

R

Thank you for the confirmation.

Schedule and Email functionality are not available for the custom dashboards feature as they are comprised of multiple other reports and are difficult to render these reports offline.

OK, unfortunately that’s what I thought … If there is no other way to get the content of this custom dashboard daily in mailbox, let’s consider this topic as closed.

Thanks for your quick answer.