Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 deprecation in Feature Release 24

• 21 May 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

You may have heard or saw news that Microsoft will be deprecating Internet Explorer 11 to work with M365 apps and services on August 17th 2021, and full deprecation is slated to occur in 2022, due to the changes in web standards and availability of modernized IE/Edge browser.   With this announcement we have decided to also deprecate support for Internet Explorer 11, and focus development/testing efforts on modernized browsers that take advantage of and accelerate many of the technologies that go into our Commvault Command Center.   Leveraging Internet Explorer 11 in FR24+ may provide a degraded experience, so we recommend modern versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari when accessing Commvault Command Center and web console.  As we continue to evolve Commvault Command Center and pack it full of technology to enhance the user experience, speed, and load times, leveraging the recommended modern browsers will ensure the best possible experience. 

You can always find a list of supported browsers in the documentation, such as this link.

As always, I’m here to answer any questions or concerns (but give me some time to respond, as I’m at the airport!)

0 replies

Be the first to reply!