Solved

Command Center Parallel to "Media in Library" window

• 3 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

In the CommVault client application, I can view the “Media in Library” through

Storage Resources/Libraries\QUANTUM Scalar i3-i6 3/Media By Location/Media In Library

This window shows all the tapes in the library whether they are in tape drives or in regular slots.

I’ve looked for a window like this in Command Center, but I’ve only been able to view either the tapes outside the drives, or the tapes inside the drives -- but not both at the same time. Is there a place where I can view all of them at once? Or perhaps a view that I can custom-configure to show this information?

Along with this, the “Slot View” in Command Center shows all the tapes, but on multiple pages. This makes finding several tapes across the all the slots very slow because one must tap between the different pages of tapes. Is there a way to expand the list length per page? Or disable page-separation completely?

Solutions and/or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Jordan Nichols 10 March 2022, 21:02

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Jordan Nichols , sounds like a candidate for a CMR (or three).

Let me have some folks look into this and see if we have any options.

Badge +2

Hi @Jordan Nichols , sounds like a candidate for a CMR (or three).

Let me have some folks look into this and see if we have any options.

Any options? I understand that this requested feature is probably more of a programming request instead of a how-to request. I’m interested in staying in-the-loop in the development of CommVault’s Web-based Command-Center.

I would appreciate being included if you can include me on a feature request ticket or something like that.

jnichols@pcci.edu

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

For most CMR requests, open a support case and explain what you are looking for.  The engineer will request a CMR from development, and if accepted, created for you.

Can you create an incident and share the case number with me so I can follow up?

Badge +2

After composing the ticket, I discovered that the feature I wanted to be in “Slot View” for the tape library already exists! I don’t know if I didn’t see it earlier or if it was recently added, but it is there now!

I’ve created a conversation thread about some other suggestions if you’d like to contribute:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks, @Jordan Nichols ,  I’ll take a look!