Question

Error occurred while processing chunk

• 28 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am having issues with my Weekly Tape Copy Storage Policy. I already opened a case with Commvault, but they still couldn't find a solution. The Monthly policy works fine, so I don’t think the issue is our tape library. Is anyone here had the same issue?

Error Code: [13:138]

Description: Error occurred while processing chunk [4862646] in media [V_174502], at the time of error in library [XXX_MA1_DISKLIB] and mount path [[XXXX-backup-ma1] H:\XXXXX_DEDUP], for storage policy [XXXXX-FS-DEDUP] copy [3 - Weekly Tape Copy] MediaAgent [XXXXX]: Backup Job [314419]. Unable to setup the copy pipeline. Please check connectivity between Source MA [XXXX] and Destination MA [XXXXX]. Source: XXXXX, Process: CVJobReplicatorODS

Error occurred while processing chunk [4863263] in media [V_174502], at the time of error in library [XXXX_MA1_DISKLIB] and mount path [[XXXX-backup-ma1] H:\XXXX_DEDUP], for storage policy [XXXX-FS-DEDUP] copy [3 - Weekly Tape Copy] MediaAgent [XXXXX]: Backup Job [314455]. Unable to setup the copy pipeline. Please check connectivity between Source MA [XXXXX] and Destination MA [XXXXX]. Source: XXXXX, Process: CVJobReplicatorODS

Error occurred while processing chunk [4862658] in media [V_174555], at the time of error in library [XXXX_MA1_DISK

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @Al3xB 

Thanks for the great question and logs cuts.
It is not very clear here as the media agents are sanitised but is this the same Media agent reading the data from the disk library as it is writing to the tape library?

If it is not can it be changed so that it is the case to take lot of the environmental overhead out of the issue?

One thing that we in Commvault support will always ask and I am sure you have already been asked is if you have the correct Anti-virus exclusions. We ask this so often due to it being the root cause of the problem so often so please go over the following and confirm all the library paths are excluded. 

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/8665_antivirus_exclusions_for_windows.html

Kind regards 
Albert Williams