Solved

Help Needed on Error Code: 62:342

• 26 January 2022
  • 11 replies

Badge +2

Dear All,

Please I need help in resolving an issue with my commvault server. This is the error am getting;

Error Code: [62:342] Description: Failed to mount media with barcode [A99801], side [A_780], into drive [IBM ULTRIUM-TD5_20], in library [STK L180 1] on MediaAgent [TMwas02]. SCSI Operation: Open Drive Device. Reason: Encountered an I/O error while performing the operation. Advice: Please use the following troubleshooting utilities 1.TapeTool for Tape device-related problems. 2.LibraryTool for Library-related problems provided in the MediaAgent's installation folder to perform diagnostics on this device. Source: backup, Process: MediaManager

Prior to this issue, the backup schedules run smoothly. I have noticed this error only comes up when I run back jobs on media agents ( I have eleven) in the commcell with exception of the commserv’s media agent.

The status of the media library attached to these media agents shows “ready”

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 14 April 2022, 20:50

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

See if you can mount\read the same tape using the Tape Tool GUi program:

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp20/article?p=10587.htm

Are you seeing any SCSI related errors in the event logs of the media agent? 

Badge +2

@Aplynx Below is the test result:

Using SCSI calls to test the tape.Start Time = Wed Jan 26 20:15:47 2022Opening the tape device '\\.\\\.\Tape0'...Done.Block size = 65536 KBFile mark = 0Loading media...Done.Setting the tape parameters...Done.Seek Start Time = Wed Jan 26 20:15:47 2022Seeking to file mark 0...Done.Reading from the tape. Please wait...Reached the end of data on the tapeRead 0 KB of data from the tape.End Time = Wed Jan 26 20:15:47 2022
Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Abraham that’s interesting that it worked fine, though it’s not a clear removal of tape drive issues.

Do you see any SCSI errors (or any hardware errors) on the Media Agent in the OS event logs?

Badge +2

The test results I shared earlier were from one of the media agents. The test failed on the rest 10 media agents. Attached is an event log of the Comcell.

Badge +2

This is the status of the media agents: The test results only worked on the first media agent. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Abraham , at this point I would suggest opening a support case.  There’s some evidence that seems to counter the other evidence, and a support case would be best.

Share the incident number here so I can track it accordingly.

Badge +2

Even though the status of the media agent says “ready”, I get an error whenever I try validating the drive on any of the other 10 media agents.

Badge +2

Will do that. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Abraham , were you able to create an incident for this?  If so, what was the case number?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Abraham, gentle follow up.  Were you able to determine the issue?

By all appearances, it looks like a hardware issue, but I’d like to be sure!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Abraham , I’m going to close this thread as I don’t see an ticket in your name, and the error appears to be hardware related.

If you are still having any issues here, please update the thread so we can continue!