Question

Multiple Job Failures: "Mount path does not have enough space"

• 29 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

We’re using Commvault v11.28.48 and have several jobs that are in a “waiting” status and sitting at 10%-20%. The reason is simple: Mount path does not have enough space.

I’m new to Commvault (our backup admin left recently and I wasn’t involved in the initial config or daily use) so I may be missing something obvious, but I thought aged data would be deleted automatically. I’ve run the “Data Retention Forecast and Compliance Report” and see the various estimated aging dates, the only thing that sticks out is the last line under the Disk Media Summary:

• Estimated Size to Free: 9406 GB (this box is green: “prunable job / recyclable media”)
  • Delay reason for physical space cleanup: Archive file has been queued for pruning from the DDB

Our Netapp library is 24.7TB with a size on disk of 24.46TB, reserve space set to 100GB, so an extra 9TB would be great. “Enable pruning of aged data” is checked on the library.

Am I correct in thinking that 9406GB is data that should be automatically removed (pruned?), but for some reason isn’t? What’s the best way to ensure Commvault is automatically deleting old data? I’ve been looking at this for a while and appreciate any help!

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @C523 ,

Good day! 

If the data is pending to be pruned then as a first step, I would recommend checking the SIDBPrune.log from the MA’s for the DDB associated with the mount paths. 

I would recommend logging a case with us if you’ve not found any, so that we can investigate this issue in further. 

Badge +1

Thanks for the reply. We logged case 230830-637 for this issue.