Question

Pick for data verification job

• 12 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi All,

is there some possibility to perform the action of “pick data for verification” for a job of a Storage Policy with a command line? Maybe I have to do it on a lot of jobs and I’m looking for a script.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @YNAP 

Thanks for the great question!

Performing a job based verification should always be done as a one off operation. The reason why is that we will check all the blocks associated to the backup job and if you have multiple jobs selected and they share blocks they will be checked twice. It is a very inefficient validation and should only be used for one off jobs. I recommend performing a DDB verification as it will just check all the blocks once on the DDB and validate all backups jobs that way. 

Kind regards

Albert Williams

Badge +3

HI Albert,

I partially agree with you. I have an open case with the support for some problem with an Auxiliary Copy.

The support asked me to “Pick data verification” for all those jobs that are Partially Copied. Unfortunately they are 90 jobs so it would have been useful to do it with a script.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @YNAP 

Assuming that they are all in the same Storage policy copy you should be able to select all of the jobs at once and right click » Pick for verification. 

Kind regards

Albert Williams