Solved

Selective Copy Aux Copy No data needs to be copied

• 3 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Got a storage policy with a active selective Copy that is supposed to copy the data written to a HDD library and copy it to a tape. It missed its aux backup for whatever reason. When trying to manually run an aux copy from the storage policy it tells me there is no Data that needs to be copied when clearly there is no job records of the aux performing backups. How do i force an aux copy without this error popping up . 

icon

Best answer by Hyder 4 March 2022, 14:58

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@TP_Erickson , thanks for the post!

Few questions:

1. What data is still on the source copy?
  2. What are the rules for the Selective Aux Copy?
  3. Did anyone delete jobs on the source or Selective Aux copy recently (Audit Trail report will tell you this)?
  4. If you right-click the Aux copy and select view Jobs, does anything show up as To Be Copied?

With those answers, we should figure out what is happening.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Got a storage policy with a active selective Copy that is supposed to copy the data written to a HDD library and copy it to a tape. It missed its aux backup for whatever reason. When trying to manually run an aux copy from the storage policy it tells me there is no Data that needs to be copied when clearly there is no job records of the aux performing backups. How do i force an aux copy without this error popping up . 

Can you resend the error?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  1. What data is still on the source copy?
    1. Attached is a screen shot of the primary Data that has yet to be copied over to tape
  2. What are the rules for the Selective Aux Copy?
    1. Attached are screenshots of selective copy
  3. Did anyone delete jobs on the source or Selective Aux copy recently (Audit Trail report will tell you this)?
    1. Attached is the aux copy history for storage policy for last month. Doesnot look like a failed or killed job occured. 
  4. If you right-click the Aux copy and select view Jobs, does anything show up as To Be Copied?
    1. When looking at aux job history, no job indicate that it needs to be copied from Primary
Userlevel 3
Badge +8

If I’m reading this right, your Aux copy is configured to grab only the “First full backup” of the month, which means it will run tonight, the first friday if you’re running your fulls on friday, then once primary backups complete it should pickup the Fulls the day the selective runs.

Do you see a discrepancy somewhere, forgive me if I’m missing something here...