Solved

Storage accelerator not working!!

• 2 June 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

I have CS and MA in Azure cloud. I have one windows client machine in same network. I have one azure blob storage configured as cloud library. 

I have installed Storage accelerator on my windows client but still i can’t see backups moving through client to cloud (checked in streams, checked in events, and job details). Any thing i need to do specifically to enable storage accelerator?

icon

Best answer by Prasad Nara 2 June 2021, 16:27

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I have CS and MA in Azure cloud. I have one windows client machine in same network. I have one azure blob storage configured as cloud library. 

I have installed Storage accelerator on my windows client but still i can’t see backups moving through client to cloud (checked in streams, checked in events, and job details). Any thing i need to do specifically to enable storage accelerator?

Please refer below documentation.

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.23/expert/96835_accelerating_backups_to_cloud_storage_libraries.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You can also check the cloud (storage) accelerator video on this page - it may help. But it should be a simple install and work scenario.

https://commvaultondemand.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ODLL/pages/501350567/Tech+Talks?preview=%2F501350567%2F501022947%2FCloud%20Storage%20Accelerator.mp4

I wonder if somehow the client is blocked from accessing the cloud library - either though Azure security or network/firewall security locally. You could try configure a test library with temporary storage to ensure that at least the client is capable to access and write to the cloud storage.

Badge +2

HI All,

Thank you all. the only point that i was missing was enabling storage accelerator at Commcell level. Once done, its working fine now. Older document suggest just to install storage accelerator on clients to enable this feature. but we have to enable it at commcell level as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

It would be nice if there is some logic added that automatically validates if the client that is configured to use the Cloud Accelerator is also really using it and if it's able to reach the destination. Suggestion would be to add it to Command Center and just add a indicator to it. In extend to that it would also be nice if you cloud launch a verification jobs that tests backup/restore speed using a standardized test. This would allow you to see if the result that you are getting are inline with the expectations and can also help troubleshooting for example to see if there is proxy in between that is impacting performance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Tagging @Prasad Nara and @HetalKapadia to check the older docs and see if they are accurate for that version or incomplete.

@Onno van den Berg , you raise a good point.  Tagging in @MFasulo tos ee if this is on the radar.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

HI All,

Thank you all. the only point that i was missing was enabling storage accelerator at Commcell level. Once done, its working fine now. Older document suggest just to install storage accelerator on clients to enable this feature. but we have to enable it at commcell level as well.

The CommCell level option is introduced in FR22 to simplify and control the feature usage. In future version we are going to auto install package when the CommCell level option is enabled. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi there! 

Sorry to bother on a closed topic, but it’s very close to it. :smile:

I have accidentally enabled Storage Accelerator to a Cloud library for an MA, while I don’t want this one to use it.

The question is how can I disable it ?

I have the credentials ‘entered’ for Storage Accelerator tab on this Storage/CloudLib/MountPath properties, but I can’t remove them and leave them blank, for example..

v11.24.34 for my environment, if that helps.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Laurent  disabling Storage Accelerator is unfortunately not so straight forward ;-) → https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/124967_enabling_or_disabling_storage_accelerator.html