Solved

Warning message Deduplication Engine

• 27 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello everyone, hope all of you had a good time in Christmas with family and friends and all are just fine, :relaxed: .

I got a question that I think is easy to resolve:

Recently I noticed a warning icon in the Deduplication Engines in CommCell Console, and I wanted to know how I can fix this. Above there’s a screenshot in how it shows to me:

Thanks, :grinning:

icon

Best answer by Mike Z-man 27 December 2021, 23:02

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

Hi Antonio,

Thank you for reaching out to the Commvault community!

That warning would indicate that the deduplication database is in maintenance mode. If you click on either of those partitions it should list the Maintenance mode and reason why in the top right corner of the GUI.

Most of the time the reasoning for the maintenance is not something that would need to be fixed, data verification in progress or a resync scheduled are the usual suspects. The main thing to keep in mind would be that maintenance mode does prevent pruning. If the DDB is in maintenance mode you will still be able to run almost all of your normal jobs (backup, restore, etc) without issue.

Can you send over a screenshot of the maintenance reason?

Thanks!

John

Badge +1

Hello Antonio

Usually that icon means the DDB backups have not run in more than 24 hours,

see: Storage Resources - Deduplication Engines
https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/3937_commcell_console_icons_quick_reference.html 

Sometimes it can also mean High Q&I times on the DDB, or DDB resync is scheduled or in progress.

If you highlight a partition, There should be details populated to the top right-hand side of your Console screen. There may be some info in red or yellow.

Check there and let us know.

Thanks

-Rob

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Good Day Antonio,

Mentioned above are a few of the most common reasons for the warning flag.

When you click on one of those partitions, you can then see further Details regarding it in the window on the right.

The Item triggering the Warning flag will show in red in the Right side Detail Panel.

My Lab does not currently have any in that state but you would find it within the highlighted circle below.

Mike

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello guys,

Thank you very much for the replies, you guys are awesome as always :grinning:.

@Mike Z-man I took a look in the right side Detail Pane and found that the backup of deduplication was not running for a while and I will perform to fix this.

Thank you very much for the help y’all, :wink: .