Solved

where to download media kit older than 11.14 for test

• 30 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +5

Hi Community,

We are planning to convert our production environment’s DDBv4 to DDBv5, but in our test environment, all our media agents are in DDBv5. As the DDBv5 comes from the version 11.14, i am searching for a media kit package older than SP14 in order to test and validate.

Is there Anywhere i can download a mediakit older than SP14 which is not available in commvault store ? 

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by sauvegarde 6 November 2023, 16:53

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@sauvegarde - SP14 is the older service pack and it’s a deprecated one. 

I would recommend you to upgrade your environment at least to SP16. 

Badge +5

Hi Arunkumar,

Thank you for the reply, my environment is under 11.28. For the cross test purpose, i would like to install a media agent older than SP14.

Do you know where i can download the package?

Regards

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @sauvegarde ,

No environment should remain on anything lower than one of the supported releases;

> For LTS - SP16, FR20, FR24, 2022E(FR28) or 2023E(FR32)

> For Innovation Releases - 2023(FR30)

If you still run an environment on anything older, we strongly suggest to upgrade it to a supported version.

Could you provide further details of which test will require an MA on a version over 5 years old please?

Badge +5

Hi @Javier,

thank you for your inputs.

In our production environnement, i ran the workflow “ConvertDDBv5” and it says some of our DDB requires and upgrade. For that, i have to do the perfomance test in a testing environment hence i need an old version just for testing purpose.

Also we would like to compare the performance of a DDBv4 and DDBv5, with and without garbage collection option.

Thank you

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thank you for giving us further insights @sauvegarde 

As previously mentioned, any version older that FR30 or the supported LTS releases, is considered EOL and therefore should not be taking into account when comparing features/performance.

Badge +5

Thank you @Javier.

I understand that, but i want to know is there any software archive section where i can download the older versions?

Thank you

Best Regards

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @sauvegarde,

I am afraid there is no archive section. Versions older than SP14 cannot be downloaded.

Badge +5

Hi@sauvegarde,

I am afraid there is no archive section. Versions older than SP14 cannot be downloaded.

Oh ok… thank you @Javier for the confirmation.

Regards,

Badge +5

Sorry i have clicked “Best Answer” on my message by mistake which i cannot change.