Solved

Simultaneous Synthetic Fulls slow system to a crawl

• 15 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

If you don’t mind id like to piggy back off your thread. Someone made a comment that the full synthetics would not stack and run at the same time. I’m having trouble with that where several full synthetic jobs are kicking in at the same time. Is there a way to have the system only run 1 at a time without me having to go in there and scheduling them all out?

icon

Best answer by Stuart Painter 16 November 2021, 07:22

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Ricky , are you referring to only Synth Fulls running single file, or all jobs?  You could limit the Storage Policy to 1 stream, though that will limit EVERYTHING.

Badge +3

@Ricky , are you referring to only Synth Fulls running single file, or all jobs?  You could limit the Storage Policy to 1 stream, though that will limit EVERYTHING.

I had 3 full synthetics running this morning. Causing system to crawl. Am hoping there is a setting i can apply where it will just queue the full synthetics 1 at a time instead of me going into all items and scheduling when i want synthetics to run.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Ricky !  I’m going to move this its own thread for tracking purposes (and I’ll link it here).  Can you create an incident and post the case number in the new thread?

Editing since @Stuart Painter has the answer!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Ricky 

There are a couple of Synthetic Full additional settings that may be used to control the number of concurrent jobs allowed to run:

MaxSyntheticFullJobsForSPolicy

JMSynthFullJobHighWaterMark

If you want to set the max number of concurrent Synthetic Fulls for the whole environment and limit to 1, then JMSynthFullJobHighWaterMark set to 1 would be the one to use.

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +3

Hi @Ricky 

There are a couple of Synthetic Full additional settings that may be used to control the number of concurrent jobs allowed to run:

MaxSyntheticFullJobsForSPolicy

JMSynthFullJobHighWaterMark

If you want to set the max number of concurrent Synthetic Fulls for the whole environment and limit to 1, then JMSynthFullJobHighWaterMark set to 1 would be the one to use.

Thanks,

Stuart

This is the answer i was looking for!!! Thank you.

Just to clarify though. If i set it to one, the other Full Synthetic jobs will just be queued and start once the previous one finishes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Ricky 

Yes, my understanding is the 2nd, 3rd, etc. jobs going into pending status until the first is completed, then each successive job will be processed and then complete sequentially.

Thanks,

Stuart