Solved

re-register client agent with commserve

• 21 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

We are backing up VMWare VMs using image level backup. These VM have client file system iDA installed to backup NFS and RDM LUNs which are mapped to VMs.

We have performed the restore of one of the VM in test environment with different name, to restore the files & folders into the RDM LUN we want to register the client agent with the Commserve with new hostname without re-installing the agent.

Is there a way to achieve this?

PS: We are not using IntelliSnap feature.

icon

Best answer by MichaelCapon 21 October 2021, 10:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Jaspreet ,

Once you’ve changed the hostname of the client, I suspect that you might be able to register with the CS using the Fetch Method or SimCallWrapper. - Refer to the following link for the details on these methods: https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/2092_registering_client_computers.html

Let me know how you get on.

Best Regards,
Michael

Badge +2

Hello @MichaelCapon ,

Thanks for your response and sorry for my late reply.

I have tried with both the methods but it doesn’t work. I am getting below message when I try to fetch the details from CommServe Console

and following error when I try to using SIMCallWrapper method and commvault -all status output.

Please let me know if you want any specific logs.

Regards,

Badge +1

I have the same problem and when I try to register the client, can you tell me how you solved it?