Skip to main content

Hi all,

We have a customer who is migrating away from VMware (they'll probably not be the only one). They will be migrating to Nutanix AHV version 6.8. Now, I have a few questions about version compatibility:

Commvault 11.32

• https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/essential/nutanix_ahv_system_requirements.html
  • Latest supported AHV version is 6.5
  • Latest supported Windows OS for HotAdd Proxy is 2019
  • Latest supported RHEL OS for HotAdd Proxy is 8

Commvault 11.36

• https://documentation.commvault.com/2024e/essential/nutanix_ahv_system_requirements.html
  • Latest supported AHV version is 6.5
  • Latest supported Windows OS for HotAdd Proxy is 2022
  • Latest supported RHEL OS for HotAdd Proxy is 8

Is this information correct, or is BoL outdated? Customer is currently running Commvault 11.32, and would like to protect AHV 6.8 with Windows 2022 Proxies. But per current doc, that seems unsupported.

Thanks in advance!

HI @Patrick Dijkgraaf 

I see that another customer logged a case last week and asked the same question. 

This is what Engineering responded:

Currently AOS 6.7 is certified. We will certify 6.8 soon Please use the 6.8 version and escalate if face any issues.

Best Regards,

Sebastien

This release hit the street in May, so it kind off make sense that Commvault wasn't able to perform a full validation/certification cycle yet. I assume you are building greenfield, so you have time/possibility to perform backup/recovery tests on the new platform before marking the AHV-based platform production ready. Do mind VEEAM already identified an issue on their side with AHV 6.8 impacting restore performance. They seem to have the same approach as @Sebastien Merluzzi shared. Click here for the VEEAM post.

@Sebastien Merluzzi : Thanks, we will go ahead with that then! And what about Windows 2022 Access Node? Does the same apply?

@Onno van den Berg : Yes, correct. It’s a new AHV env where they will be migrating their VMs to in the next months. So plenty of time to identify issues and get them corrected.

@Patrick Dijkgraaf ,

Yes, just log a case and we will Support you.

Best Regards,

Sebastien

OK, great. Thanks!