Solved

Issue connecting vCenter to Commvault

• 10 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I have a fresh installation of Commvault version 11.28.56. I am attempting to connect to our vCenter instance through the Command Center GUI. After putting in the information to ‘Add Hypervisor’ I receive a ‘Request body is empty or format is invalid.’ error. Clicking equivalent API shows the following:

{
  "vcenterHostName": "172.16.123.10",
  "name": "vCenter",
  "accessNodes": [
    {
      "id": 2,
      "name": "n1-prod-commvlt"
    }
  ],
  "userName": "vsphere.local\\administrator",
  "password": "cGFzc3dvcmQ=",
  "hypervisorType": "VMware",
  "skipCredentialValidation": false
}

Attached is the error. I have tried vsphere.local\administrator, administrator@vsphere.local, and a Windows AD account. I ensured the ‘VSA’ software was installed on the access node. Any help is appreciated!

Error

icon

Best answer by Rajiv 11 July 2023, 08:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hello my friend,

Did you try to add the vcenter through the Commcell Console?

I've seen this error before and I remember that through Commcell Console, the error was more helpful.

Is there any firewall between access node and vCenter?

Regards,

Pedro

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hello @JWalker 

The “Request body is empty or format is invalid" error is a known issue between 11.28.56 and 11.28.62 (inclusive). 

The error occurs when you are trying to add a VMware Hypervisor through Command Center. This issue is resolved in 11.28.63 and later under hotfix 4436. The fix needs to be applied to your web server hosting Command Center (typically the Commserve).

If you cannot upgrade at the moment, as Pedro suggested, please use commcell console. 

Best,

Rajiv Singal

Badge +1

Thank you, Rajiv and Pedro!