Skip to main content

Hello fellow Commvaulters,

I hope someone can help.  We had a case recently raised with Commvault where data that was used to restore data from Azure Archive to Hot Storage.  However even though the job completed months ago, it was noticed by our Cloud Services Team that the data was still sitting in Hot Tier Storage which was costing a premium.  Commvault’s documentation states the below.  However does anyone know how we can empty this container manually? 

Second question is the below states “Move back data from Hot to Archive”.  Where is this option on the workflow?  I couldn’t see it?  There is an option to tick “Auto-archive recalled files on restore job completion”.  This was ticked for our recall, but still the data remained in Hot Tier.  Surely this should not be the case?

Thanks

TonyQ

• If you execute the workflow with backup job as input, execute the workflow again and select the Move back data from Hot to Archive option when prompted. Data will be deleted from the cvshadowcopy-do-not-use-or-delete container.

Once the cloud recall workflow is complete, perform a Browse and Restore operation using the Job ID.

Hello @TonyQ 

I have run this workflow a number of times and found it will keep the data on Hot for X days and this is a editable feature. I confirmed and it moved the data back after this time expired. 

You may need to raise a support ticket as it seems you are having 2 issues. First is a bug in behaviour and the second is the doco being incorrect. 

Kind regards

Albert Williams