Skip to main content

Hi Team,

We are using 11.32 version with CS/MA/VSA on same 1132.59.We have Redhat Openstack configured as Hypervisor.We maintain minimum 10-20% free space in storage for snapshot during backups.

We observed there is one Instance with Volumes attached of size 10TB.it is strange that Backup job is looking for 20TB free space on the storage for taking snapshot.Is this requirement of Openstack or requirement of Commvault ? It does not make sense why it needs twice the size of Volumes for snapshots.Evidence is attached. Can this be check with Commvault development team ? I can raise a case if that is needed.But support asks logs and other stuff which takes long time.I just need confirmation from CV if this is normal?

Hi @AbdulIkram ,

Good day!

Commvault will only be sending API requests to create snapshot and the quotas cannot be controlled by commvault. its defined on the openstanck end and actions are performed on that end.

We will be getting the response for snapcreation request and post it in our logs. so, you may need to get in touch with openstack team to get more details

Regards,

Sureshkumar S

Thank you for the quick answer @Sureshkumar S . If possible can you let me know/share what API query is send when Backups are triggered for Instance with Volumes attached?

Hi @AbdulIkram ,

Thanks for the update

The flow and calls made during VSA backup will be recorded on the logs on VSA proxy.

It will be on log file vsbkp.log. 

Try to pick a job for a VM and review the vsbkp.log in gxtail to get the flow

Regards,

Sureshkumar S

Hi Suresh,

Thank you.I will check in Logs.