Solved

Restore from snap copy

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Team,
I have a remote site B which i want to restore VM.
The Remote Site Host are connected with vCenter at site A.

I have deployed one Media Agent at site B.
when i select that Media Agent at site B (same host/same site) i cannot browse the Datacenter / Host list.

I able to restore use Media Agent at A site.
i have to use B site MA in order make the restoration process run faster where the site A MA took 4Hours for restore since cross site. 

Please advise which setting i have to do to fix the error. Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Aplynx 7 June 2022, 18:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Do you have 443 open between the second proxy and the Vcenter and 902 from proxy to ESX? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Aplynx No. i didn’t do any configuration other than instal the Window Agent to the proxy. should i open the port? how i can do that with window server 2019? kindly advice. Thanks. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

If that’s the machine trying to talk to VMware, you’ll need to open the appropriate ports. This would be something for your network team to look into.

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/96273_system_requirements_for_virtual_server_agent_with_vmware_02.html#port-requirements

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Aplynx Hi, is there the Host & vCenter need to do Zoning? or allow the port in core switch level?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Aplynx I able to resolve the error after allow the remote site VM in site B to communicate to vCenter in site A in ACL. Thanks!