Solved

comparison of commvault with other products

• 4 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Is there any information from a single source comparing commvault with its competitors, showing all the disadvantages and advantages?

icon

Best answer by MFasulo 4 May 2023, 19:09

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Vladimir,  there a several industry analyst that consistently compare products in our space, including Gartner, Forrester, and GigaOM that provide a multifaceted scoring against several key criteria.  

Below are some links to our blogs providing the highlights, and some of them have links to the entire report, if you need a deeper dive.

Three for Three – three times in a row: Commvault Scores Highest in all 3 Use Cases in the 2022 Gartner® Critical Capabilities for Enterprise Backup and Recovery Software Solutions

Forrester Wave Data Resilience Solutions I Commvault

GigaOm Names Commvault ‘Frontrunner’ and ‘Outperformer’ in Hybrid Cloud Data Protection

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Commvault is pretty much just awesome. 

Personally I think it’s only flaw is that it requires a certain level of technical knowledge that very often simply is not dedicated to backup resources and when I refer to resources I mean people. 

For plenty of administrators backup is considered an afterthought consequently Commvault may be overwhelming for everyday admins. 

That said they have made alot of strides towards fixing this via the command center.