Skip to main content

Hi All,

I'm looking for technical resources and experience in integrating Commvault with Morpheus.

What is the integration architecture?

Is it possible to match tenant between Morpheus and Commvault? If so, how?

So far, I've found only one link on the subject at Morpheus:

Commvault — Morpheus Docs documentation (morpheusdata.com)

In the integration section of this link, it says to add the IP or Hostname of the CommServe”, but I'm under the impression that it refers to the Web Server (in our architecture, the Web Server is not hosted on the Commserve).

Thanks,

Luc

Hello @luhenn 

In that configuration Morpheus is aware of Commvault but Commvault does not know anything about Morpheus. From the Commvault side of things it is just another client like any other and not treated any differently to be protected. 

In regards to if you need to use the CS IP or the webserver IP, i wouldn't know the answer but just given them both a try and see which one works. Not to sure. 

Might be a better question for Morpheus then Commvault if they have specific requirements. 

Kind regards

Albert Williams

Hello Albert,

Thank you so much! I'm actually going to work on the Morpheus side:

Morpheus Plugin Documentation (morpheusdata.com)

Backups Plugin

Backups are a big part of self-service workload management. Allowing a customer to back up their application and especially restore it on the fly are critical to creating a complete self-service solution. This is why Morpheus integrates with several best-in-class backup solutions like ... Commvault. Morpheus even provides its own basic backup providers for those customers still looking for a final solution.

Latest Plugins topics - Morpheus (morpheusdata.com)

Best  regards,

Luc

Hello @luhenn 

Thanks for the update and that context makes your question make more sense! 

I will have a chat internally on this side and get someone to reach out to you. 

Kind regards

Albert Williams