Solved

Azure Stack HCI backup method

• 24 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Team,

I’m currently want to deploy a backup for Azure stack HCI vm backup. As per the documentation online, I can only see at the essential section where it need to configure using command center. When I looked at the expert section, there is no Azure stack HCI configuration. 

The way it deployed seems that the same as per normal HyperV backup, where I need to install VSA at all HCI node.

My question is:

1. Do the configuration only supported from command center and not from commcell console? 
  2. The HCI node is based on HyperV core setup, without a GUI, how can I install VSA inside the HCI node? Using command line from power shell? How to run setup.exe (the installer) from the power shell?

Thanks and best regards,

Fauzi

icon

Best answer by Damian Andre 25 July 2023, 05:09

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Fauzi Japri 

1. It is configurable in the CommCell console - docs
  2. You can perform a remote install - just have to ensure the required ports are open. Installing from setup executable may work too, but remote install is usually how.
Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Damian,

The setup I want to configure is for Azure Stack HCI. There are Azure Cloud, Azure Stack Hub & Azure Stack HCI. I just find out that Azure stack hci only can be configured through command center.

The client is behind firewall, so it is quite difficult to push install.

regards,

Fauzi