Solved

PowerShell SDK v1 Get-CVVirtualMachine broken after upgarde to 11.28.19

• 30 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have been using the Commvault Powershell module v1 with great success for a while now.  Today I noticed at least 1 cmdlet is broken since upgrading some Commcells to 11.28.19.  Using Get-CVVirtualMachine, I have tested against multiple Commserves now and all just return VM not found or No VM’s found if you run with no parameters.  Normally this would return details for the specified VM or all VM’s if no parameter is used.

I do have 1 Commcell still on 11.16 and the cmdlet still works fine.  This leads me to believe something is broken for this particular cmdlet in the newer versions of Commvault.

I was curious if anyone else having this issue?  Or any problems with any other cmdlets from v1?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Genny 30 September 2022, 19:02

View original

2 replies

Badge +6

It looks like you can update to the latest Powershell SDK: https://github.com/Commvault/CVPowershellSDK which includes the fixes for what you are experiencing.

Badge +1

I noticed this right after I posted, tested and working.  Thanks for your response as well.  I didn’t know they were still fixing\working on this module so didn’t even look for an update.  😁