Question

Tenent Laptop license asignation

• 13 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi guys,

I’m wondering if there a way that I can divide and assign an amount of Endpoint users licenses to a particular tenant?

Like, I have tow tenants configured (tenant1 and tenant2) and 50 endpoint licenses. From here I want to hardly assign 10 Endpoint license to tenant2, where admin of the tenent2 only can use a maximum of 10 Endpoint licenses.

Any idea on haow I can acheive that?

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Jorge de Sousa,

While you can define quotas on the amount of data protected for your tenants, license usage quotas are not able to be configured for specific tenants. 

Backup Quotas and Limits (commvault.com)

Badge +1

Hi @Stephen Gracon 

Thanks for your comment.

Yeah, I saw the option to set a capacity quota for a particular client group, but no option for license usage.

That would be an interesting feature for future release.

Regards.

Badge +1

Hi all,

What just came up to my mind is to set that all the client/endpoint registration is managed by the approval of the admin and he can accept or deny the use of the license.

Another thing that I’m considering is to use a workflow that query the number of endpoints set to a particular tenant before the endpoint registration, and if it already reached the allowed number of endpoint, it sends an email notification to the admin informing of that.

What you guys thing?

Regards