Solved

Bonded Topology With 1 GbE Management Network for HyperScale X Reference Architecture

• 27 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

i checked the links to configure Bonded Topology With 1 GbE Management Network for HyperScale X Reference Architecture but i can see the bond network type still selected as commserv registration , 

can someone explain if our data backup network is non routable network how is going to register it with commserv,

or commserv registration will happen via management netwrok only? 

icon

Best answer by Emils 28 July 2023, 03:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Ajal 

Thanks for reaching out. In the steps outlined in our documentation for Bonded with management I understand how it may seem it would be using bond 1 for CommServe Registration as it literally says that, although if you see in the definitions for each category mentioned which is also available in our documentation.

• Data protection network, which transfers data to and from the clients being protected and connect to the CommServe server. This will require a minimum of at least one dedicated 10 GbE network connection.

• Storage pool network, which is a dedicated private network, used for communication and replication between the HyperScale nodes. This will require a minimum of at least one dedicated 10 GbE network connection.

• Optional Management network which is used only when the data protection interfaces are non-routable, and an alternative interface must be used for management.

It defines as if we can’t get to a routable network via bond1 we will use the Management network.

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

@Emils so in that case all the traffic is via 1g network, how the traffic pass on bonded data protection network, if its non routable network,

In the document says this is topology used for non routable network same time it says dat protection netwrk will be used for commserc registration how is it possible when its al in diffrnt network

Is there something i am missing here, do we need to add same network interface for all the clients??

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Ajal 

The Data protection network (DPN), would typically have the clients you’re trying to backup in a particular subnet, but nothing beyond (non routable).

The management network would be in a separate subnet which is routable beyond its own network and typically attached to a gateway/router,

If the Commserve lives within the same subnet as the DPN it will default to accessing it directly otherwise it will use Management network.