Question

Cannot see "data protection" interface option during initial NW configuration in HSX RA node

Badge +6

Hi Team,

i have started the NW configuration wizard for my Apollo 4200 based HSX nodes . on each node i have 6 interfaces( 2x 1G, 4 x 10G). when i create LACP bond1 in the wizard, i can see all my 6 interfaces available to choose for bond creation and i chose 2 10G interfaces for the LACP bond1 creation and tagged my VLAN to the bond1.

However later i can assign “Commserv registration” OR “Management” only on this bond1, i dont see “data protection” and “storage pool” options in the list.

any idea what could be causing this ? i have not configured switch link aggregation(LACP) yet , is this the reason i am not seeing data protection or storage pool in the list ?

please provide your valuable guidance.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/deploying_hyperscale_x_reference_architecture_with_tagged_vlan_and_bonding_active_backup_or_lacp.html

The data protection network you are going to add that is able to reach the CommServe to perform the registration is the one you have to select as CommServe Registration, later you can add additional VLANs as Data Protection network.

Badge +6

@Ledoesp 

Thank you for the response.

when we tag additional VLANs to bond1 and look for network type, we dont see the options of “data protection’ and “storage pool “ options, that is the problem.

i have not configured switch link aggregation(LACP) yet , is this the reason i am not seeing data protection or storage pool in the list ?