Solved

for commvault version 11.32, is HPE Apollo 4200 Gen10 still supported or Deprecated ?

• 8 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Badge +5

Hello Team,

Is Apollo 4200 Gen10 supported for installation of Hyperscale X to an existing commcell version of 11.32. in documentation i see both as ‘supported’ and ‘deprecated’ as below.please help to confirm

icon

Best answer by Chris Hollis 19 March 2024, 22:59

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Noushad 

From what I can tell, reviewing internal docs, it’s supported in FR32, but not in FR34+. 

Only Apollo 4200 Gen 10 Plus is supported onwards.

I’ll get books online updated.

Regards,

Chris 

Badge +5

@Chris Hollis

Thank you for the response.

so this mean i can proceed to install Hyperscale X in an existing commserv environment with version 11.32.42 using Apollo 4200 Gen10 right ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Noushad ,

You can, but then what will happen once you upgrade to FR34/FR36?

Best Regards,

Sebastien

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Noushad yes, I believe so. To me, this applies to new installs/appliances only. 

@Scott H when you get capacity, could you please help here?

Regards,

Chris 

Badge +5

@Chris Hollis @Scott H 

Thank you for the response.

so if i install Hyperscale X now using Apollo 4200 Gen10 to existing commserv with version 11.32.42 , then can i later upgrade commserv to 11.34 or 11.36 and will Apollo 4200 Gen10 based Hyperscale X nodes still function normally ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Noushad please give me a few days to sync with my development team and get confirmation. 

Badge +5

@Chris Hollis Sure, thank you for the response.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Noushad received the following “These models are End of Sale from the manufacturer and aren't available for purchase. They are all still fully supported by Commvault and will be until the hardware reaches End of Support with the manufacturer.”

So from a CV perspective, you are good and will be supported. 

They are fixing the deprecation notice on books online which is wrong.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Chris 

Badge +5

@Chris Hollis 

Thanks a lot for the confirmation!