Solved

HSX installation stuck

Badge +6

on Apollo 4200 server, we have set up all HW configurations as per Commvault documentation and then loaded ISO in ILO.

Later the installation completed as above attached . But when i click "finish" button server reboots and screen is stuck in commvault hypercale page, please guide with next steps. we can see a cursor below, but no response  when we click enter.

icon

Best answer by Ledoesp 25 April 2024, 11:11

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

(Press <Alt> + <Ctrl> + <F2> if the login prompt is not displayed.)

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/setting_up_installation_media_for_hyperscale_x_reference_architecture.html

Badge +6

@Ledoesp thank you for your response !

but we loaded ISO image and installation completed, and when we clicked “finish” button, then Apollo server reboot and showed above hyperscale page without login prompt.

As per documentation in same link, we should be able see the data disks in server and then we click “Next” as given below and then installation process starts.

In our case, we never saw above data disks page and we didnt click “Next” button. In our case we loaded ISO and it showed below screen with progress bar and once progress bar reached 100, we pressed finish button, then server reboot and we got stuck on that hyperscale page without login prompt.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

As mentioned earlier, you need to use a combination of keyboard keys to get the login prompt.

Press <Alt> + <Ctrl> + <F2> or <Alt> +  <F2> to be able to type user and password.

Basically you applied the iso image to the server and after reboot you get the HyperScale logo, that means that image was applied successfully. Now you only need to login using the combination of keys provided.

Badge +6

@Ledoesp 

Thanks a lot for the response !

i will click the keys and see if i get login prompt and let you know.

i still wonder when i am going to see data disks and hyperscale configuration detected page and click Next as explained in documentation, is this after logging into hyperscale ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

No, the disk configuration is visible when you boot from the iso, maybe you are missing that step if the installer is able to identify all the disks for data and metadata drives so it skips that screen and directly perform the installation from the image.

Badge +6

@Ledoesp thank you for the information!

i will check and let you know.

Badge +6

@Ledoesp

i tried to press <Alt> + <Ctrl> + <F2> on my keyboard , but there is no response on the screen and also i cannot find this key combination inside ILO screen of Apollo 4200 server.

please provide any other suggestion.

Badge +6

@Ledoesp

i tried to press Ctrl + Alt + F2  on my keyboard , but there is no response on the screen and also i cannot find this key combination inside ILO screen of Apollo 4200 server.

please provide any other suggestion.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Please try with Alt + F2 to get the login.

Badge +6

@Ledoesp it worked !.

thanks a lot !