Question

hyperscal x - intellisnap

• 29 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

installed intellisnap in one of the media agent , agent installed successfully and job got failed . now all media agents are up but i am not able enable the root account  or cvbackupadmin of this media agent and i cannot login to any of the media agent using root but cvbackupadmin is able to login.

i am not sure is it caused because intellisnap instllation ,i have attached log if some one can help

8 replies

Badge +7

Hi @Ajal

From taking a brief look at the logs provided I could see that you were installing FR34 and I believe with this version we enforce the disabling of the root account for the HypserScale nodes as an additional security measure.

When setting up the restricted user account did you following the recommendations listed here?

If you are still struggling to access the nodes I would suggest a support call is raised. 
​​​​​​​

Badge +7

Another thing to be mindful of if you are using the restricted account: 

“The password of the cvbackupadmin user expires for every 60 days. Please change the password periodically for security reasons.”

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

@Shaun Hunt  cvbackupadmin account is created as part of the hyperscal deployment , the new version os gives that option while configuring the storage pool , also root account is disabled by dafault 

, we were able to enable it before , now for some reason after trying to push intellisnap apckage to one of the media agent we are not able to enable it 

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

@Shaun Hunt  i am able to login with backupadmin account in other nodes , problem is only with the node where i pushed intellisnap package ,

Badge +7

Hi @Ajal 

Understood, I think that you may require a support call to be raised from what you’re describing. The IntelliSnap role comes with the VSA package and is used to co-ordinate snapshots on the storage array. I have never known that cause issues at an account level for HyperScale but that said things can happen.

Can I confirm the version you’re using here?

And for the root access enablement are you following this process https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/enabling_or_disabling_password_based_root_access_for_hyperscale_x_appliance.html?

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

i am using 11.34 for commserve and media agent and hyperscal x os is the latest one 3.2312 ISO..

i am follwing the same thing , i can enable other two nodes ,but for this one when i am triying its just getting stuck, even havin issue with DR backup saying connectiity issue with this node

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

@Shaun Hunt  so you mean any agent where vsa is installed it has capability to manage the intellisnap as well,

i was confused why the there is seperate option to install intellisnap. 

Badge +7

Hi @Ajal 

I’m also unsure of this separate option on IntelliSnap. In theory you should be able to configure IntelliSnap without the need for specific packages as per the following recommendations:

As long as the array in question is supported as per https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/essential/supported_arrays_and_agents.html

Then the following documentation shows the process in order to enable this https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/essential/getting_started_with_intellisnap.html

Thanks,
Shaun