Solved

Error downloading Virtual Machine config file

• 7 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I have a machine that started getting backup failures with this error “Error downloading Virtual Machine config file”.  Just started a week ago, prior to that backups were successful.

What could be causing that problem.  The server is in Azure VMWare Solutions and being backed up using Metallic.

icon

Best answer by Michael Mancino 10 March 2022, 20:51

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello @pcampbel ,

Thanks for reaching out! Typically, this error indicates that the attempt to download the configuration file failed.

One thing you can do to test, is navigate to the vCenter via web browser and attempt to download the same file. Let me know if that works, if it does, we can raise a case to assist you further.

Badge +1

No @Michael Mancino I cannot download the vmx file from vCenter

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks @pcampbel

Typically, if you’re unable to download either, the API’s we use (very simialr to what you just did) will also fail which is what we’re seeing here. I do see that VMware does have a KB available for this, however unsure if it is directly related to your issue: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1019286

I would suggest engaging VMware as needed if that Knowledge Base article doesn’t resolve the issue.