Solved

Hiding edge montor app interactive installation endpoint backup client- metallic

• 23 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

i know i can hide the app while installing with third party tool  ,  how can i hide the app with with interactive installation.

WindowsEndpoint64.exe /silent /install /authcode authcode /hideapps

basically our intention is user should not get option manage or restore backup

, for some reason i am not able to install and activate the agent with auth code , its only getting activated while sign in with user email and pwd

icon

Best answer by Michael Mancino 23 May 2023, 19:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello @Ajal 

From an interactive install, this is coming in a future release, right now it can only be hidden through silent install.

As for the authorization, if you are using the authcode to install, it will automatically be authenticated to your Tenant however if you want to register the machine, the user of the machine is required to log in as we then process and register the machine to that specific user for self-service.

If you don’t register the machine with a specific user, we’ll backup the standard files and folders listed on our documentation, and the administrator (Tenant admin) will be able to do the restores.

Thanks,

Mike

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

@Michael Mancino  can you share the documentation , on our previous deployment we used sccm for mass deployment using this script, WindowsEndpoint64.exe /silent /install /authcode authcode

and the laptop gets autmaticlly get registered , user doesnt have to sign in in the edge app ,

i dont know if things are changed and i dont see it anywhere in the documentation 

Badge +2

Good Day @Ajal,

You can follow the documentation: https://docs.metallic.io/metallic/117388_installing_software_using_third_party_tool.html, which should help with the process of doing silent installation and hide application using any 3rd Party tools like Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Jamf etc.,

Let us know if any questions, thank you!

Cheers,
Arvind, Metallic SaaS Engineer

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

@Arvind i asked reference on below points 

As for the authorization, if you are using the authcode to install, it will automatically be authenticated to your Tenant however if you want to register the machine, the user of the machine is required to log in as we then process and register the machine to that specific user for self-service.

Badge +2

@Ajal - I am sorry, didn’t quite get what you meant.

Did you mean you would need to pass the User Name and Password on the Silent Install command instead of AuthCode, so the machine will be registered for that specific User account?

If that’s the ask, then you can have it assigned with the Owner from the Command Center view of the laptop, as of today I don’t think we do pass the user name and password as such on command - but you can assign from Tenant Admin access without having the End-user know, but they can do the Self Service as they will be assigned as the owner of that Laptop from the Command Center view. 

Hope this helps with the information, let me know if any questions. Thank you!

Cheers,

Arvind