Skip to main content

Hello All,

We have a customer data generated from 6 sites which is around 230 TB of size in total. As a first step we are planning to go for MCSS databox seeding.

So we will have 1 Databox ordered for each site to copy the data from disk library to databox and then we are planning to ship it to MCSS based on the below steps:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.26/expert/147072_seeding_metallic_cloud_storage.html

Each site has dedicated media agent which we will be using for primary backups and the same media agent will be used of secondary copy to MCSS.

Hence customer has purchased 230 TB of MCSS cool tier license. 

Since we have 6 sites we cant use the MCSS from same region we will be in a position to use multiple regions during the MCSS library configuration.

With this scenario explained, I have below questions:

1. Am I good to create 1 MCSS library with 6 mount paths pointing to different regions? or I should create six different MCSS library for each region? Will I be able to create 6 MCSS libraries?
  2. If I create multiple mount path(Pointing to different regions) on same MCSS library and I am planning to edit the access methods for other media agents not to write on each other. By doing will I be able to create storage pool with dedupe hosted on each region media agent?
  3. Or, If I create 6 different MCSS library with 1 MP pointing to different region how the license usage will be calculated?

Regards

Ananth

Hello Ananth,

We are in discussions with @Guy Williams  who is reviewing and will revert back.

Thanks for reaching out!

MIchael

Hello @Michael Mancino ,

Any updates from @Guy Williams about this request?

Hi Ananth,

MCSS Seeding is a Professional Services offering due to the complexity and risk.  Please work with Professional Services for a custom solution.

The page mentioned should have been internal documentation for PS procedure.  We’re in the process of making it internal. 

Thanks,

Guy

Hello @Guy Williams ,

Thanks for the updates. I am from PS team and I have requirement to perform this. Let me work with Project manager in the background and take it further.