Solved

Metallic and Commvault versions relationship?

• 5 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello I’m trying to understand the versioning of Metallic towards Commvault. I assume that Metallic is just a Commvault with some GUI changes and feature limitations to improve user experience.

So, I can see that Metallic agent is running at version 11.3001.36 

The most adequate Commvault counterpart seems to be 11.30.23, Platform Release 2023 Preview Version 

It means that Metallic users are running on preview versions with different patches or these patches were not yet deployed at Commvault? Or it works differently, how then?

icon

Best answer by Mohit Kshirsagar 6 February 2023, 22:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @LukasM 

Metallic is built on top of Commvault but not bound by any Commvault software releases. Metallic software versions are internal and applicable to Metallic only.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @LukasM 

Metallic is built on top of Commvault but not bound by any Commvault software releases. Metallic software versions are internal and applicable to Metallic only.

Thank you Mohit,

Badge

Where is the release information for these Metallic versions, and what is their Platform Release Lifecycle?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Kenji, the current Metallic Release Notes can be found here, along with previous versions. We release new features and enhancements as appropriate.

I hope that helps!

Best Regards,

MIchael Tschirret