Solved

Metallic and SQL DB Backup

• 9 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Does Metallic support Microsoft SQL DB backups in Azure?

icon

Best answer by Michael Mancino 9 February 2022, 23:35

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello @Paul Koby ,

Welcome to the Metallic Community and thanks for inquiring, I did have a few questions before I can ensure I answer your question correctly.

When you refer to to SQL DB backups in Azure, are you specifically referring to Azure SQL, or are you currently hosting SQL Server on a VM inside of Azure virtualization?

Looking forward to your response,

Thanks

Michael

Badge +1

can you give me an answer for both scenarios ? 

thanks 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Absolutely!

For example, if you were leveraging SQL Server inside of a VM (Azure, VMware, etc.), you can leverage  Metallic Database Backups.

If you’re specifically referring to Azure SQL, this is not officially supported however through feedback received from our customers, we are actively working on extending our offering. At this time, there is no ETA for this to be supported.

Badge +1

got it, i have two more questions:

so for Metallic Database Backup can we use Metallic storage or we have to use our Azure storage and as far the licensing is it per TB in front?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Paul Koby ,

For storage both options apply. Licensing is FET (Front-End TB).

I would b.t.w. take some to look at https://metallic.io/! All information can be found there!

Regards,

Onno

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

got it, i have two more questions:

so for Metallic Database Backup can we use Metallic storage or we have to use our Azure storage and as far the licensing is it per TB in front?

Thanks!

@Paul Koby  - there is a few different options as mentioned above, you have the ability to store on-premises, or into Metallic storage.

If you’d like, I’d be happy to have someone to reach out and discuss this further with you, feel free to send over your information in a Private Message so we know the best way to reach you :relaxed: