Metallic - back up migration plan

• 24 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello, 

I will start a complex project in order to migrate our existing back up platform to BAAS service using metallic. this is the initial plan that i will follow with the tech team internally. your feedback, comments are much appreciated : 

Step Activities Detailed Activities
Step 1 Assess Backup Requirements Identify data and applications for backup, Determine retention requirements, Analyze current backup infrastructure
Step 2 Choose the Right Subscription Plan Select appropriate subscription plan in Metallic
Step 3 Set Up Metallic Tenant Sign up for Metallic account, Create new tenant, Configure tenant settings
Step 4 Install and Configure Metallic Agents Install agents on servers/workstations, Configure backup settings
Step 5 Test Backup and Recovery Perform test backups, Test data recovery
Step 6 Plan for Data Migration Determine data transfer mechanism, Plan migration timeline
Step 7 Start Data Migration Initiate migration process to transfer data to Metallic cloud
Step 8 Monitor and Optimize Monitor backup and migration processes, Optimize backup configurations
Step 9 Train Staff Provide training to IT staff on Metallic usage
Step 10 Set Desaster recovery plan review or set up a disaster recovery plan 
Step 11 Decommission On-Premises Backup Remove on-premises backup infrastructure
Step 12 Regularly Review and Update Review backup policies and configurations, Stay updated with Metallic's features

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Seems legit, these steps are accurate. We were migrating to Metallic some time ago, Feel free to PM if necessary.

Badge +1

Seems legit, these steps are accurate. We were migrating to Metallic some time ago, Feel free to PM if necessary.

Thanks my friend, I wil get in touch in case of need. I just started for now and for sure I will have questions through the journey. 
cheers